Pages

Jun 23, 2009

the very last minute

Pffff...the mini quilt for the "spring blooms mini quilt swap" is on its way to my secret swap partner. Just in time before the very last mailing date! Why do I always have to wait till the very last day to finish a project??
I’d think to myself, "I’ve got plenty of time, it’s not due for weeks!" Then, before I know it...I hit the deadline!

mini quilt

I used an embroidery piece (found in the thrift store) for the center, I machine pieced the nine patch blocks and hand appliqued the green hearts. The minimal quilting is done by hand. I like how this mini quilt turned out and hope my partner will too! I can hardly wait to recieve mine.
A big thank you for Michele from quilting gallary for organizing this wonderful swap. If you go to her site jou can join a new swap she's organizing "In the Good Ol’ Summertime Mini Quilt Swap". The deadline to mail is September 21st...so plenty of time!!

18 comments:

Bonjade said...

Hij is prachtig geworden.....en nu is ie zomaar naar een ander opgestuurd....???
Tjee die boft maar fijn.
Fijne dag

LiLi M. said...

Hahaha, dit is zeer herkenbaar! Niet alleen bij swaps, ik zit vandaag cadeautjes te maken voor mijn buuv, die morgen jarig is en dat weet ik ook àllang en waarom ik dan ook nog tussendoor achter de pc zit, weet ik al helemaal niet. Maar bij jou heeft het in ieder geval geen invloed gehad op het resultaat. Prachtig geworden! Ben ook benieuwd wat jij krijgt.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It turned out lovely. A great combination of stitchery and quilting.

Mãe da Rita said...

The quilt is lovely!

Nadine said...

Very Pretty! I am sure that your swap pal will enjoy the quilt!!!

Julie said...

What a fun swap, I would love to join it but summer is so crazy here. Will maybe in the fall!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful little quilt! I am just sure that your partner will love it!

Sandy Shirley said...

OOO! I haven't received my quilt yet - maybe I'll get lucky and get this one! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, plenty of time :) The quilt is gorgeous.

Levin said...

what a gorgeous quilt.
i always leave mine to the last minute too - and i get so annoyed as i always need a bit more time. oh well, i guess we will never learn :)
l
x

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Sigh! I wish I was your partner. That quilt is AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING.

Sregora said...

Beautiful quilt! What a wonderful way to utilize the embroidery work!

sewkalico said...

It's lovely! And better late than never :-)

Tammy said...

Beautiful little quilt Corry!
I always wait to the last minute too, why I have no clue.

dutchcomfort said...

A very sweet Spring bloom quilt Corrie!!

I always need the stress of deadlines to finish projects.

Eileen said...

"Plenty of Time".. and it will be here before you know it. :-D I am so that way too!

Gorgeous mini quilt. I love that you used the center bkock from a thrift store find. Wonderful!

Unknown said...

Corry, Your mini quilt will be treasured by it's recipient. I can't wait to see the one that you get! E

Water Damage Phoenix, AZ said...

What a fun thing to do! I wish I had enough time to make a quit... I already have a sewing machine and everything... just no time!

<3 Linds