Pages

Jul 13, 2009

Sunbonnet Sue

Some days you don't feel like doing anything. And today is just one of those days. Due to a lack of motivation I picked-up some magazines from the shelf. You see, browsing true old magazines always works for me! It gives me new inspiration and new inspiration means I have to do something. So, while browsing I came across these sunbonnets

Sunbonnet Sue Sunbonnet Sue Sunbonnet Sue Sunbonnet Sue

The magazine is a Japanese quilt magazine from 2002. It contains an article about 'Sunbonnet Sue'. To bad I can't read Japanese. They refer to the book A meeting of the Sunbonnet children by Betty J. Hagerman. I also found an illustrated history of Sunbonnet Sue here.

Japanese quilt magazine

This quilt is so beautiful, i love the flowers in the border.

Sunbonnet Sue Quilt

Oh, wouldn't this bag be a pretty one for carry all my stuff around?

Sunbonnet Sue Bag

I believe some creative sparks are bubbling up inside of me, time for some action!
Have a wonderful day!

19 comments:

Nicky said...

Those are so cute! I love the quilt with the different flowers on the edges. Lovely selection of photos.

LiLi M. said...

Leuk die Sunbonnets. Ze doen me vaag aan Holly Hobby denken, dat vond ik toen zooo prachtig! Fijn dat je weer inspiratie hebt en wij wachten hier weer rustig je werkstukken af!

lheurebleue said...

om heel eerlijk te zijn: ik hou niet zo van sunbonnets - ik zou zo graag hun gezicht zien!!!!

Tammy said...

These are the cutest "Sues" I have ever seen! To be honest I wasn't a big fan of "Sue"...until now!
Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see your next project.

Julie said...

I just love that quilt and the bag is wonderful. I have some bonnet girl blocks that my grandmother had made by hand back in the 30's. Someday I will make them into a quilt.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

The bag is sweet - Japanese magazines are full of inspiration!

Kris said...

Sounds like a day well spent! I love your red and white quilt and the flowers you spent time with (in the shade). It all looks like summer to me! We are having wonderful rain here at the moment.

Karen said...

Looks like you found the inspiration you were looking for;)

Unknown said...

Some wonderful inspiration in that magazine. It makes you just want to sit down and get started.

tatiana said...

me encanto el bolso

Unknown said...

The bag is great, I look forward to see how yours will be!!!

Meggie said...

Thanks for sharing this! I love Sunbonnet Sue & these are a little different, so cute.

Unknown said...

Go right ahead and bubble Cory, we will wait! Thank you for sharing your beautiful magazine with us! Elizabeth

Cris said...

I love your blog :)

Pascale said...

I've never done a Sunbonnet Sue but it is a design I want to try. They can be so different and versatile.

Moorea said...

These are precious- what sweet inspiration!

Lindinhos eu quero said...

Que trabalho lindo e perfeito.
Parabens.

Melanie's Randomness said...

Oh I love these Bonnet Ladies. So adorable!!

www.cuenca-3d.com said...

Pretty worthwhile info, thank you for the article.