Pages

Mar 20, 2007

A star is Born


patchwork ster
Originally uploaded by corneliar.
I really like projects that (without putting in much effort) immediately give a nice result. This eight point diamond star seems difficult to make, but it really isn't. For this star I used a pattern that I came across an old Quiltingbook. The technique is simple.

1. sew fabric strips together to make a block.
2. cut eight star points out plastic coated freezer paper.
3. iron the points on the blocks.
4. cut out with seam allowance.
5. sew star points together and "ta da" you got a star!

This is also an excellent way to shrink your scrap pile. There is only one problem, what to make of this block!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, I get to be your first comment! Your quilted star is gorgeous! Your instructions are so clear that I think even I, a non-quilter, could do it :)
Welcome to the craft blog world!

Anonymous said...

Hoi,
Wat een gezellige blog! Je geeft een leuk sfeertje. Er moeten maar snel veel mensen gaan kijken naar deze leuke blog.
Heleen