Pages

Jul 13, 2007

finished

doll quilt

I finished the little quilt I have been making for the doll quilt challenge group. This really was a nice project and my first ever “doll quilt” too!
It's machine pieced and hand quilted. I used flannel fabrics because they are feeling nicely soft and fluffy. I also made knots from embroidery-floss on each point where four squares come together. The colors in the picture are a bit bland. Sorry, this was the best one! I thought it would be lovely to make a picture from the little quilt together with the doll crib that my grandfather made for me when I was a little girl. But after a search through the whole house I still haven’t found the crib! I'm certain it’s stored away somewhere. However I did found the first doll I had when I was a kid which I named “Hansje”. Remarkable coincidence my DH’s name is Hans!
The doll is wearing clothes made by my mother and is in perfect condition. That's because I didn’t play a lot with her. I never was a girly- girl playing with dolls.

first doll

But I like to make little quilts! So guess what my next project will be!
These rectangles were cut and arranged on a dish towel by my mother.
She completely forgotten all about them and doesn't want to finish it off anymore. So I will. It's the perfect size for a little doll quilt don't you think?

ruitjes en streepjes

15 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love your doll quilt....it's so sweet. The plaids will make another cute one. Like the doll, love your blue plate collection.

Jeanne said...

Your doll quilt is wonderful and I like the layout for your next one, too. I love to make little quilts, also.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a beautifully finished doll quilt. The rounded effect is perfect for the design. It gives it a nice look.
How lovely to be able to finish something of your mothers. You will enjoy doing that.
Jenny

Fiona said...

Very sweet quilt - I like the colours and the way you have quilted it.

Nicole said...

The doll quilt is adorable, and your quilting is great! Lucky dollie!

Wendy said...

Love the doll quilt and the one your mother arranged is going to be wonderful.

Berber said...

Hij is mooi geworden! Ben benieuwd naar de volgende!olbrtge

Anonymous said...

Adorable doll quilt :)

Marisa said...

Your quilt turned out very very nice. Beautiful soft colors, so soothing to look at.

Anonymous said...

My mom and I love your quilt. I hope my lap quilt turns out just as pretty as yours. Tanta Anneke and Wendy K.

Annie said...

I love your banner. How did you get a small photo?? I have tried and tried and in the end gave up.

Mary said...

All of the quilts are fabulous. I love the colours in the dolls quilt.Mary

Anonymous said...

Ik las je reactie bij mij, en dacht, tja nieuwsgierig,... daar ga ik eens kijken.
Woow! geweldig log! Ik heb nu niet veel tijd, maar ik kom héél snel álles lezen!
Groetjes van Ingrid H.G.
http://supergoof.web-log.nl/mijn_weblog/

Annie said...

Thanks for the tip on the banner Corry, I'll investigate - happy week to you

Anonymous said...

the quilt is gorgeous, i love the green and white check!