Pages

Sep 12, 2007

blog block

Last week was a non creative one. I didn't do any sewing, knitting, stitching, no... nothing at all.
Though I was busy allright! I had my work outside the house, son's birthday, school (which I started last monday) and some household duties. And now I'm stuck here suffering a bit from blogblock. Don't have anything new to share!

So time to take the lid of the box and show you an (very) old w.i.p

w.i.p.

It's an embroidery pattern from germany called "der haustierbaum". I think the correct english translation is: the animals tree.

der haustierbaum

der haustierbaum

My embroidery work so far....

der haustierbaum

I use Schürer embroidery floss for this project. The shops don't sell that brand anymore so I use whatever there is left in the box, and that's enough to get my going for some time!

embroidery floss

The only thing I have to do is find some time!!

20 comments:

Lesalicious said...

Love your embroidery project. I always wanted to do embroidery but, never gave it my fullest. Great job. Oh we all have blog block I know I do sometimes:)

LJ said...

That is beutiful and will be even more beautiful when finished.
I like the way your floss is on those cardboards in rainbows of color.

Mary said...

I wish I had the patience to do embroidery. The work you have done is lovely.

Simply Stork said...

ohh how beautiful...that would take me so long to finish...please show us when it is done won't you?
~simply stork~

Anonymous said...

I really love your Noah's Ark Box With all the wonderful things in it Love Wendy and Tanta Anneka

Jeanne said...

I love your embroidery project. You do such lovely work.

Yummers! said...

Corry,
That is going to be so lovely when it's finished and hanging on your wall. An heirloom in the making. I love it!
Joni

Anonymous said...

Heel mooi! Ik had zo'n boom nog nooit gezien,...
De foto van je borduurgaren is prachtig!
Ik kan altijd zo genieten van foto's ;o)
school,...?
groetjes van Ingrid H.G.

www.supergoof.web-log.nl

Anonymous said...

Very pretty embroidery Corry. Keep on with it. It's going to be a masterpiece when finished and in a frame.
I love the Noah's Ark box. It reminds me of some fabric I have!(somewhere)LOL
Jenny

monique said...

That's indeed a lovely embroidery you're working on.
I love the way you keep all the floss in the box.
Monique.

Nancy said...

This is SO beautiful!

Belvie said...

That's a lovely embroidery piece. I love the picture of all that embroidery floss. So colorful!!

Jenny said...

All that floss is just so exciting, the possibilites!
The project is just beautiful. I can't imagine a whole week without sewing. I would be really cranky.

Rose Marie said...

Your embroidery work is lovely! This piece is just begging to be finished.

Levin said...

beautiful embroidery - isn't it nice to have WIPs to fall back on when we are feeling a little uninspired. Can't wait to see the finished product!
Cheers
l
x

Unknown said...

Time is really hard to find let me know. Your embroidery is beautiful.

Kali said...

i love looking at the picture of all the floss. Your embroidery is stunning!

Dutch scraps said...

Prachtig borduurwerk, heerlijk werkje voor in het najaarszonnetje. Ik benijd je mooie voorraad borduurzijde!
Blog block heb ik inderdaad ook thans in ernstige mate

kristin said...

this is a gorgeous cross stitch pattern...do you have any more info on it? you are coming along very nicely on it :)

zabrina said...

I have that Noah box too!!!