Pages

Sep 1, 2008

Good intentions!

In may 2007 I wrote about a schedule, a plan to help me finishing off this quilt before Sept. 2008.

radical rose quilt
(picture from McCalls superbook of quilting)

What was I thinking?? Oké, my intentions where good, I was determined to stick to it. And so I did...at least for a month or so. While making small stitches I was making slowly progress too.

DSC01051

But now today, it's Sept 2008 and sadly there's no finished quilt to show here!
Where did I go wrong....well, I blame it on blogging...just to many distractions! It's not that difficult to get lost on the WWW and to lose all track of time! So many wonderful things are outthere so easy to get inspired and start something new before the old is finished!
Does this sound familiar?
Last week I started to make small stitches again (with spectacles this time) and throwed away the schedule!

Also last week our DS left for a vacation to his Bolivian family in Cochabamba. I made some gifts he could take along. And I made a mess, seems like I can't do one without the other (lol)!

blue/pink bird

And I made another bird!

blue/pink bird

blue/pink bird

Happy monday!

18 comments:

dot said...

Don't worry about it. The quilt is still there and you can work on it again. Maybe next September it will be done. Enjoy life and don't let the self imposed deadlines get you down.

Andrea said...

A familiar story - lol ! Still it will be worth waiting for I'm sure. Love the fabrics !

Dawn said...

I think we can all identify with good intentions...
Love the charming birdie..!

Florence Knapp (Flossie Teacakes) said...

Yes, blogging is a double-edged sword...the extra inspiration sparks creativity, but the time spent doing it takes time away from the actual making.

Your bird is lovely. I have exactly the same sewing machine as you by the way...mine is a relatively recent purchase and I love it.

MARCIE said...

Your bird creations are so bright and adorable! Congratulations on your beautiful granddaughter also!

Anonymous said...

Your bird is lovely! The quilt will be gorgeous, the colours are beautiful!

Marianne said...

Ja over dat blogging probleem heb ik ook al eens geschreven. Maar uit jouw handen komt er toch altijd behoorlijk veel, misschien alleen niet de dingen die je gepland had. Maar that´s life, als de tijd van de quilt gekomen is, komt hij wel af(of niet, maar dan liggen er vast wel andere prachtige dingen).

Groetjes, M

Eileen said...

Those flower patches are very very pretty! I wasn't reading you yet when you first mentioned that quilt in 2007. You will just have to work on the blocks when you feel like it, and eventually you will get the quilt done. There are just too many things in life to enjoy, aren't there?
Love your new birdie!

Unknown said...

Yes you can get lost in the www forest and spend hours there. I love your birds.

dutchcomfort said...

This sounds so familiar Corry! I can get lost on the www and I always feel tempted to start yet another project!

Love your bird! They are so You!

I’m always coping with the deadlines from clients orders.
I’m happy I can shuffle with my own deadlines!!!

Anonymous said...

You sound like me. I feel better if I don't establish a deadline for my projects, unless necessary of course, because I rarely meet them. I relax when I can take it one day at a time, for me that is a luxury.

Heidi said...

I can totally understand, but hey, that's why we do it for fun, no? one stitch at a time, and before you know it, it'll be done..hmm...I should take that advice too after spending a tad too much time on the WWW....

trudette said...

It happens to the best of us :)
Love your bird !

Patti said...

I hope you do finish this, as it will be a beautiful quilt.

Unknown said...

That sounds like my story. The appliques you are working on look gorgeous though. Keep stitching and eventually you will be finished.
Teresa

Unknown said...

That sounds like my story. The appliques you are working on look gorgeous though. Keep stitching and eventually you will be finished.
Teresa

Janet said...

I love your blue flowers! What a wonderful quilt this will be someday! I just love 4 block applique.

Nita said...

It's not only ME then that seems to get lost on Blogland. No wonder I never seem to get any crafting or blogging of my own done! PS your blog is lovely too AND also keeps me away from my 'work' LOL