Pages

Aug 21, 2007

knitted star

knitted star 2

A few weeks back when I was doing some shopping I saw a lovely little knitted star. It was because of its bright colours that it strike my eye. I couldn’t decide if I should buy it or not, I already spent enough money that day! Yes… that’s me, can’t shop without buying. I always come home with something, usually things I don’t really need. And my common sense said I didn’t need this star! So I left the shop without buying.
But the star didn’t left my mind! I thought why not give it a try, I know the basics of knitting. So I picked up some wool and knitting needles and got started. Well, I can tell you now, it wasn’t easy at all! It took me a long time before I even had one star point knitted that could get my approval. I was trying over and over again! Did some looking up in the books how to increase and decrease. I thought I knew, But no...ehh, I didn't!
Finally I had the first star point successful finished.
The rest after that was easy and fun.
I can use this star as a pinncushion or make it a hanger.

star points basket with soedan wool

I used soedan wool and knitting needles size 4.5
It was a long time ago since I used the knitting needles, but it felt good. I'm in for some more knitting!

knitted star 1

20 comments:

Unknown said...

These stars are so well done, I am sure they are better done than these you saw and wanted to buy. Your doll cradle is soooo cute.

Andrea said...

That star is so sweet ! So you saved some money and had fun making these. I love the little stitches at the points and in the middle !

Lesalicious said...

Love the stars great job. I am not a knitter just yet that's my next hobby I like to learn. I also love that doll cradle so cute. My daughters will kill for that lol. :)

Dutch scraps said...

What a lovely star! I am going to try one myself!
Inge Schoonderwoerd

Leanne said...

Hey Corry,
Great star, isn't it good when you can work things out and you get a really good finished product.

Crafty Librarian said...

That's so pretty! Do you have the pattern written down, and could you post it?

Levin said...

Great stars - and I love the pin cushion idea. They would look good on a Christmas tree as well. Were they hard to make?????
L

monique said...

Wat onzettend leuk zeg, zo'n gebreide ster!

Anja´s Wunschpunsch said...

Your star is so nice. I have never see a knitting star.Great idea.

julie said...

I love the star, it works really well and so pretty with the colours you've used.

atet said...

That star is adorable -- you should put instructions for making it up on your blog!

Jeannette Bruce said...

I am so glad that you left a comment on my blog because it gave me the chance to check out your blog! You make beautiful stuff and I will check back here often in future!

Anonymous said...

They're beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your star is lovely! Will you be posting instructions on how to make them? That would be a good way to use up some of my small leftovers from knitting projects.
Your quilts and other things are beautiful also. Love the little cradle.

Mary said...

Love your knitted star

Corrie said...

gorgeous! I've never seen that done with wool before but it looks fabulous! well done

Anonymous said...

Those stars are so cute.

monique said...

Je vroeg of ik die handoeken ook echt gebruikte , het zijn vaatdoeken. Ik kwam ze een keer tegen op een amerikaanse brei site. Daar gebruiken ze de "dishclothes"heel vaak en ik vond het eigenloijk wel een geining idee. Volgens mij gebruiken ze ze daar ook als een soort afwas borstel/spons......
groetjes,
Monique.

Luísa Silva said...

What a lovely star you made. I love the little rings on the star points.

Heidi said...

They are just adorable! Heel erg leuk! Zal het ook mischien proberen: een leuke manier om al mijn beetjes wol te gebruiken!