Pages

Jan 4, 2008

January- finish it up month- challenge

I was catch up with blog reading when I came across the post on Nicolette's blog about the January finish it up month challenge. The idea came original from Kim and May Britt made a challenge out of it. (Go read all about it there!)
Well...and a challenge is maybe just the thing I need to get me going again! I haven't done any serious crafting lately. The idea of the challenge is to post a picture of your unfinished project before. And later a picture of the project after it is finished.

star quilt in progress

Oké, here is the before photo. It's a star quilt machine sewn and almost complete. It's a quilt I started in my early quilting years, measering 130cm by 130cm. For the back I used different blocks of fabric. I think this little star would look lovely on the couch.
So I'm gonna look for my hoop now and hope I can show you a picture again before February!

star quilt in progress

Have a nice weekend!

16 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

WOW...that is stunning

Leanne said...

What a beautiful quilt looking forward to seeing the finished pictures.

Christine said...

Beautiful.Love the colours in the star and the handquilting looks great.

May Britt said...

This quilt really dererves being finished. It's beautiful.

Gina said...

That quilt has to be finished. It's gorgeous.

love and hugs xxx

dutchcomfort said...

Wow, that looks wonderful! I have so much to learn about quilting. The quilting by hand has a pattern. With what material do you take over the drawing of the template?

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. You did a wonderful job.

atet said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love those colors and the hand quilting that is already there is just spectacular. I can't wait to see this one finished!

Lisa said...

Very pretty star quilt. Every time I see a Lone Star quilt I want to make one just like it :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Corry. I think your unfinished star quilt is beautiful. It is a great idea to finish things in January as it really is a 'nothing' month after all the excitement of Christmas and New year it takes a while to settle into something new.
Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.
Jenny

Kate said...

I love your quilt - the colours are so pretty! hope you get it finished soon. I love the feeling of getting a long overdue project done. Look forward to seeing it.

Mary said...

Happy new year quilting!!

Unknown said...

You HAVE to finish this, it is so beautiful.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Lovely. I have that inner border fabric somewhere in my stash. How long ago did you start this?

Rose Marie said...

Love it .... your hand quilting is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hoi mam,

Het is weer erg mooi.

Groetjes, Maaike